2. Did you keep your new year?s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? yes and yes
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? well...I guess so.
5. What countries did you visit? Massachusetts...okay I was living there, but it's in its own dimension.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003? Peace
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 2003...everything changed...with all that entails
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I got a job that doesn't suck
9. What was your biggest failure? Not dealing with my life as directly as I should have
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope, and that's a LOT of luck.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Stuff I buy is stuff...it's the gifts I remember.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Pretty much everyone...but esp. Sly...who has good leanin' shoulders
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Naming names would be rather petty don't you think.
14. Where did most of your money go? Towards the usual...life.
15. What did you get really excited about? Not killing myself to fall behind.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003? My Sacrifice
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Yes
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? relaxing
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Feeling sorry for myself.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? In the house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2003? Yes.
23. How many one-night stands? none...why bother?
24. What was your favorite TV program? Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope. Hatred drains you. It kills your soul. THere's people I feel less kindly towards, but that's about it, and that's depressing enough.
26. What was the best book you read? "Failure is not an option", Gene Kranz
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Donnas
28. What did you want and get? A chance for a new start, good friends
29. What did you want and not get? Peace
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Kill Bill
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Not a thing, which was pretty depressing as there were about 9 people supposed to be there, none showed, and only one called to say they couldn't make it due to illness. But that made me start really reconsidering my bent towards random acts of kindness.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less pettiness in my life.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003? Vans...thanks jen!
34. What kept you sane? Writing
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Uma and CZJ, who else
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The fact that people in this country don't have, nor care to have a fucking clue.
37. Who do you miss? Ginny, Al, Christine, Michelle, Terence, Donna, Iris
38. Who was the best new person you met? Web, Mel, Kelly
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003. That maybe i'm sacrificing too much for doing the good deed. That maybe, just maybe, it's okay to get angry when people dump on you conciously or not, and that I fuck up like everyone else, but I do right more often than not, and that I can see right the fuck through pro forma politeness.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "I'm all right"